Friday, February 8, 2013

Tales Of High Adventure And Cosmic Horror: Announcement

I've decided to introduce a new segment where I review various point-and-click adventure games made with the Adventure Game Studio game design system. This is mainly to increase the entries on the blog because thing's have been going slow. I'm not going to any new films, nor am I playing any new games anytime soon. Not to mention if I do I'll be reviewing them for Nerd Like You. While I have said before that I would provide more spoilerific reviews of the games and films I review over there, I've found that it is just not needed. I've looked over my recent reviews and felt I got my point across without providing spoilers, and doing so would be redundant.

While I will provide reviews of films if I do indeed find I can say more, and I will still do reviews of movies you can find on Netflix, the fact of the matter is that I need a new source of reviews. The readily available games for the AGS system not only provides plenty of fun and interesting games, but a lot of them are surprisingly well done. So, over the next few weeks, I will be going over Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw's cosmic horror game series that many have taken to calling the "Chzo Mythos." However, before we can take a look at this series we need a bit of background (not only that but I am still in the process of playing the first game for the review).

To begin let's go over just what the heck the Adventure Game Studio is for those who aren't aware of it.

The Adventure Game Studio is a freeware game design program used to create adventure games similar to the old Lucasarts games like Maniac Mansion and Indiana Jones and The Fate of Atlantis. It was created in 1997 by Chris Jones and has grown in popularity among fans of the old adventure games of yore. Over the years aspiring game designers and hobbyists have been crafting their own adventure games.

Which brings us to our first entry in this a new segment for the blog: Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw's Chzo Mythos! I will be reviewing the first game in the series, 5 Days a Stranger, next week.

In the meantime, head over to Nerd Like You for plenty of awesome articles written by yours truly, along with other awesome folks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment